Friday, December 10, 2010

In Every Heartbeat

By Kim Vogel Sawyer

Libby, Bennett, and Pete all grew up in the same orphanage. Now heading off to college, life is taking them in new but different directions. Faced with the challenges that all young college students face, a rift begins to form in their relationships. When Libby makes a shocking discovery about Pete’s family, their relationships are really put to the test.

When I first began reading this book it felt more like junior fiction to me. I also found myself annoyed with Libby and her feminist attitude. That being said, in the end I loved the book. It’s a very good picture of the struggles we all have as young adults, and God’s grace comes shining through in Libby’s life in an amazing way.

This is a beautiful story of friendships, love, forgiveness and redemption. I would recommend for both teen and adults.

I must mention that I did receive a complimentary review copy of this book from Bethany House, but that in no way influenced my opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment